Adelaide Catholic Cathedral Parish offer two Sacrament Baptism Programs for children, one is Infant Baptism and the other is Parish/Family Sacrament Program for School Aged Children.
To allow time for preparation the request for an Infant Baptism should be made at least three weeks before the preferred date. The aim of the preparation is to discuss the implication for the child's faith development in the request for Baptism and to be aware of the Rites of the Sacrament. It is desirable that both parents be present for the preparation, and if possible, the godparents.
All enquiries about Infant Baptism are referred to the Infant Baptism Coordinator who will:
- Answer any questions regarding the booking for Preparation, Welcome and Celebration of Infant Baptism in the Adelaide Catholic Cathedral Parish
- Book the baptism time and venue with the assistance of the office administration staff who manage the parish diary
- Book the family (and godparents where possible) into a Welcoming Ceremony at the same Worship Centre that the celebration will take place
- Book the parents (and godparents where possible) in to the monthly Infant Baptism Preparation Session
What is Next?
- Download Infant Baptism Program Guidelines, Forms and Preparation Document below (please read your Guidelines carefully before contacting the Coordinator).
- Contact Infant Baptism Coordinator to discuss available dates for Baptism Welcome Ceremony and Preparation.
- Print the Registration / Infant Baptism Record Details Form, Liturgy Preparation Sheet and Consent Form. If you can't print the forms, please request printed versions to be sent to you.
- Fill the Registration / Record AND Consent Forms.
- Submit signed and dated hard copies to the Infant Baptism Coordinator / Parish Office.
- Attend the workshop, and submit the Liturgy Preparation Sheet after the workshop.
Guidelines, Forms and Preparation Document for Infant Baptism
1- Infant Baptism Guidelines (300 KB)