Welcome to St Mary's Church
St Mary's, Lower North Adelaide was first established in 1877 and operated as a branch of the Adelaide Cathedral parish until 1898. The church then operated as a separate parish in its own right following the arrival of Irish Dominican Priests in the colony. In 2007 it once again became part of the Adelaide Cathedral Parish.
In its early days (1870s to 1970s) the site operated as both a school and a church. The school was founded by St Mary of the Cross MacKillop and it is believed that she visited the church on several occasions.
The church was restored in 2001. It is air-conditioned, has full wheelchair access and a closed loop system for the hearing impaired.
There is often coffee after Sunday Mass at a nearby cafe.