It is with pleasure that I welcome you to the website of the Adelaide Catholic Cathedral Parish. I hope that you will find useful and interesting information about our Cathedral and churches, as well as the activities of our community.
It is the hope that all people of the Archdiocese will see the Cathedral as their own and as a focus for our unity in faith.
To view our vision and mission click here.
You will see information about the life of the Parish Community. The Adelaide Parish is a unique parish with so many people coming to worship from beyond its borders, and yet the hope is that we can continue to build a strong sense of community.
Thanks for visiting our website and I hope you will enjoy exploring it. Over time we hope to progressively add new content related to our community, together with the activities, and events in the various churches within the parish.
Most Reverend Philip Wilson DD JCL
Archbishop of Adelaide
Members of the Adelaide Catholic Cathedral Parish worship in seven churches around Adelaide. For details on Mass Times, other Services and Church Addresses, please refer to individual church pages as listed here:
- Cathedral of St Francis Xavier - Wakefield St, Adelaide, Adelaide Community
- St Patrick Church - Grote Street, Adelaide, Adelaide Community
- The Holy Name Church - Stepney, St Peters Community
- St Mary's Church - Lower North Adelaide, Lower North Adelaide Community
- St Peter Claver Church - Dulwich, Dulwich Burnside Community
- St John Vianney Church - Burnside, Dulwich Burnside Community
- Queen of Angels Church - Thebarton, Thebarton Community
The Adelaide Catholic Cathedral Parish is a diverse, welcoming, Eucharistic community in Christ seeking to live out the Kingdom of God.
Our Mission in the light of the ongoing Catholic tradition is:
- to nurture family life
- to strengthen the community through sharing and celebration
- to care for the poor and marginalised
- to encourage lay ministry and vocations
- to encourage young people in every aspect of our mission
Recently, in March 2011, our Archbishop Philip Wilson has released a Pastoral Letter sharing his Vision for the Adelaide Cathedral parish for the next 10 years. To read more, click here.