Bookings essential for weekend Masses in the Cathedral
St Francis Xavier's Cathedral - Saturday Vigil, 6pm; Sunday: 9am, 11am and 6pm.
Please note the max number for the Cathedral is 150.
Update on COVID new restrictions in SA
from Wednesday July 28
The following restrictions will come into effect from Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
These restrictions will be in place for seven days.
- Places of Worship are restricted to 1 person per 4 square metres.
- The wearing of masks is mandatory. (Celebrants exempt)
- Funeral and weddings are restricted to 50 people provided density requirements are met.
- Choirs and Congregational Singing are not permitted. A single singer is permitted.
- Recommendation from Archdiocesan Office that tea/coffee after Mass be suspended.
Update on live streaming
Clarification being sought
Further to the advice provided this morning regarding the State-wide lock down, we have now received the list of Essential Workers issued by SAPOL in relation to the current restrictions. The list of essential (authorised) workers includes Faith Leaders broadcasting services or ceremonies at Places of Worship. Any live streaming of services would need to be done without assistance from other people.
At present the Leaders of Christian Churches of South Australia (LoCCSA) is seeking further clarification if Faith Leaders can have assistance from a camera operator or sound person. An update will be provided once we have further information.
COVID-19 SA lock down
Information for parishes
Dear sisters and brothers,
With the Premier announcing a hard lock down from 6pm tonight (July 20), churches will be closed as of 6pm and there will be no live streaming permitted due to the restriction on all work except essential services.
This means parishes must also close their offices and no ceremonies are to take place including any Masses, weddings, funerals and confirmations until further notice.
It is envisaged, at this stage, that the lock down will be for a period of 7 days.
If you would like further assistance please contact Deb Nation and her team at Catholic Health Safety and Welfare on 08 8215 6850.
Importantly, please take care of yourself, your employees and reach out to members of your community. You may wish to encourage the many online forums in particular:
- Mass for You at Home – the official website of Mass For You At Home, Australia online
- Channel 10 every Sunday at 6am.
Bookings no long essential for weekend Masses and special events
Due to SA lock down - please note this information below only relates to Masses out of lock down period. Please check back for more information later.
Following an update from the South Australian Police on increase of capacity for churches, we are happy to announce that you do not need to book in advance to attend Mass on weekends and special events (such as Holy Week).
We would, however, recommend that you carry a mask with you.
The full details for the direction can be found at: Public activities | SA.GOV.AU: COVID-19
The key points of the directive are:
- Where worshippers are in fixed seating the requirement is that worshippers wear masks when more than 75% of the seats are occupied.
- Where worshippers are not in fixed seating the requirements is that worshippers wear masks if the total number of persons present at the place exceeds 3 person per 4 square metres.
- A mask is not required to be worn in the circumstances where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication i.e. those celebrating mass and choirs.
- An attendee under the age of 12 is not required to wear a mask neither is a person with a relevant medical condition (evidence must be produced on request).