Read and keep up-to-date with:
COVID regulations and messages from Archbishop O'Regan
Latest COVID-19 Restrictions
As per the Archbishop’s correspondence of June 17, a number of issues relating to COVID-19 have been clarified as follows:
- No density limits for places of worship; churches can return to full capacity.
- QR codes or sign-ins are no longer required.
- Masks are highly recommended.
- COVID marshals are no longer required except for events covered by a COVID management plan (i.e. more than 1000 people)
The following activities may resume:
- Procession of gifts
- Collections (please be mindful to minimise contact when passing)
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word
We take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of social distancing and good hygiene practices.
COVID information for our churches
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 please follow the instructions as per SA Health in terms of contact tracing and isolating yourself as per government health protocols.
Please stay home and do not attend church services till you have fully recovered.
The density requirement has been updated to full capacity in all churches.
These density requirements (full capacity) also includes funerals and weddings.
Sick and high risk/vulnerable people are requested to stay home and not attend services.
Hand sanitiser is available at church entrances. Kindly sanitise your hands before entering the church.
Precious Blood will not be distributed.
Communion is given only in hands.
All surfaces will be cleaned at least daily, with special attention given to frequently touched surfaces.